Monday, May 9, 2011

such a hippie

So a while back. We’re talking maybe freshman year of high school here, I had a mild obsession with the movie Ferris Bueller. Pretty sure I can still quote the movie the whole way through. And I know that is in no way shape or form a unique to me. But something I don’t know many people have done, is read the original script in its entirety. Like I said.Obsessed. The script might be more brilliant than the movie was. They left a lot on the cutting room floor. One of my favorite quotes that got cut both reminds me of my mother and makes me see where I am headed.

“My mother was a hippie. She lost it. She got old. If she listens to the White Album now, She doesn't hear music, she hears memories. Nostalgia is her favorite drug. It'll probably be mine, too.”

This month has brought out the hippie in me. And some of these posts as so cheesy-touchy-feely-hippy-dippy they even make me gag. But I’m in this experience so deep right now. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment