Monday, May 2, 2011

a.maz.ing

Today I stayed for a second class. I felt great immediately after my first class and thought it would be exhilarating to stay. The class I stayed for was an advanced level class but I thought I could handle it. 10 minutes into the second class I started to regret my decision. My thighs were burning. My abs were spent. My breath was becoming unsteady. I sweated more today than I think I ever have. Every inch of my body was dripping. By the end of the class I could wring my shirt out. My muscles loosened back up. I found my breath and breathed into the areas that were sore and tired, bringing new life back into my practice. And it felt amazing. It was a very intense experience. It took a lot to stay in that second class. It took a lot to not retreat to child’s pose every few minutes. I’m glad I stayed. I had this huge sense of accomplishment. Not only physically but mentally. I was able to push through the pain and the fatigue and make it all the way through. By the time I got home, instead of feeling exhausted I felt light.I think I’ll be doing that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment