Saturday, May 7, 2011

i'll be back

I had a feeing when I woke up this morning, as I got ready for the day, that I would have a hard time making myself go to yoga. I put my yoga clothes on, instead of regual clothes in some bad attempt to remind myself that it was in the plan for today. I just knew I wouldn’t want to leave my mom alone for another hour and a half. I feel like I need to entertain her while she is here and she had to wait for me while I was in class yesterday. I didn’t want to make her wait again.

Also, my body is hurtin. By back is sore, my legs ache, my feet are cramping, my wrist just straight hurts. It has come to the point of wondering if it is better for my body and soul to take a day off. I’m struggling with this. I knew this day would come but I still had no idea how to prepare for it. I made a goal when I started this process. A goal to go to yoga every day. I fear that if I don’t go one day, I won’t go again. I’ve done it before. Started running, ran everyday for a few weeks, took a day off and didn’t run again. Started biking, biked every day, got sick, haven’t biked since.There is a difference between those things and this for me though. Running and biking was always for exercise. I grudgingly laced up my shoes because I felt like I had to. Gotta get that heart rate up at least a half hour a day.Gotta burn more calories than I take in (and I take in a lot). There was not a lot of joy in it. I wish I liked running. I really do. But it was a chore and I welcomed the excuse to take a day off. When I’m out shopping with my mom today I know I’ll miss it. And I also know I’ll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment