Friday, April 29, 2011

the blog name

In yoga, we typically begin and end each class with ‘Namaste.’  When I first took yoga classes in high school I had no idea what that meant or what it was all about.  But I went with it. For a few years it was a little bit of a mystery.  But I started taking some other classes and was given a few explanations.  There are many interpretations of the word but the title “the light in me honors the light in you” is most familiar to me. I also really enjoy Dr. Leo Buscaglia’s interpretation of it.

"I honor the place in you where the entire universe resides. I honor the place in you, where lies your love, your light, your truth and your beauty. I honor the place in you, where...if you are in that place in you ... and I am in that place in me...then there is only one of us”

With the right instructor and the right attitude you really feel what those words mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment